Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A Busy Week in Chicago


Crazy cotton candy after her
appointment on Monday. 

After having to reschedule a couple of times for various reasons, we've got a busy week at Lurie Children's Hospital this week for Ramona. We drove up for the day on Monday to meet with a doctor who is only in the office on Mondays, and we headed back up again today. We'll be in meetings with various doctors/specialties all day tomorrow (Thursday) - from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Then, on Friday she'll have some testing done with a cardiac cath. 

We're anxious to see what the doctors here think and what they'll recommend going forward. 

The Ronald McDonald House is already full tonight, so we couldn’t stay there this time. But, Uncle Jesse is letting us stay with him instead, which isn’t too far from the hospital, and includes Bluey and popsicles!

We'd appreciate your prayers, especially in the following areas:

- for us to understand and remember all the information we're going to get tomorrow 

- bravery for Ramona, as she will be under anesthesia Friday, which has made her pretty anxious in the past

- safety during her testing & anesthesia

- clarity and wisdom moving forward

- healing

Thank you for praying for and caring for our sweet girl and our family!

Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31

Aquarium at Lurie's 

Ramona took lots of pictures of the city. 

1 comment:

  1. May God bless you and keep you. May his countenance shine upon you.


Test Results & Next Steps

  Sister snuggles! Ramona had her procedure/testing yesterday morning. She had to stay flat on her back for four hours following the cardiac...